Periscope supports adding images and gifs to dashboards so that users can customize their dashboards. A popular use case would be to add their company's logo to dashboards!
In order to create Image Charts, users will have to make their images publicly accessible. This just means the image needs a public URL as a reference!
You can create a publicly accessibly URL by uploading your image to https://imgur.com/upload. Then right click on the image and choose "Copy image address". Then you can use this url in Periscope as described in Step 4 below.
Using Google Drive
Another way would be to use a Google Drive to create the public url and keep them all organized in a folder. Below is directions to create a publicly accessible image link using Google Drive!
1. Create a new public folder in your Google Drive
- Right click on your new folder and click Share
- Then make the Link sharing permission to Public on the web
2. Upload your image file to this folder
3. Create Publicly Accessible URL
- Right click on the image and select Get Shareable link
- Take the ID from that link
For example: in this shareable link, https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pDUFfY9ifUrS0Hq3P-1Jr32I3DgCQbCN the id is: "1pDUFfY9ifUrS0Hq3P-1Jr32I3DgCQbCN"
- Append that ID to http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=_____________
4. Add to Periscope
- Query the URL (don't forget the single quotes!)
- Choose image chart
- Review your chart